Friday, August 27, 2004

bluebird

Well, I spent today at the hospital for a conference on intentional pediatric trauma. It was very informative but also very depressing! So, enough about that!

I got a lot of knitting done today- the bottom of my booga bag, and half of a Christmas present. I was really excited with my progress, so I had to stop on the way home from work and buy a few more skeins of yarn. I am going to knit a gray scarf for one of the snipers in the "sniper cozies" project (see zibboboisgood). I also got the yarn I originally wanted for a booga bag, but at the time they didn't have 3 skeins in the saye lot.

On the way home I got stopped in traffic for a few minutes and got to watch a little bluebird couple flying around playing. I always love it when I see bluebirds- it always feels like a little special blessing from God!!

I am feeling lately like I have an auditory sensory overload. It seems there is never just quiet. Of course a lot of that has to do with having two boys, but I really wish for solitude!! I read Mitten Strings For God, by Katrina Kenison, and Gift From the Sea, by Anne Morrow Lindbergh both tihs year. They are both books about simplifying your life and finding solitude. Something that I very much crave at this point in my life!!

I am going to try to figure out how to get pics onto this blog next week. Bear with me until I figure this stuff out!! Patti

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, Blogger calissa said...

HI and welcome to blogging! I just helped my sister figure out how to post pics using Hello and she did it. I could use some peace and quite too so I'm right there with you! Along with that more knitting time! Can't wait to see your current knitting projects! I'm a slllooooooowwww knitter so you won't get to see too many on my blog. Happy knitting!

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger patti said...

thank you, you are probably the only one to visit my blog!! It is fun, though!! I am hoping to post pics later this week of a FINISHED booga bag!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home