Saturday, September 11, 2004

happy day!

Today was a pretty good day for me. I almost fell back asleep this morning after my alarm went off but L called me to tell me he didn't sleep well. He told me all about what he & dad were going to do today, then I told him I had to go so I wouldn't be late for work.... which I rarely ever am. I can't stand to be late!
Pretty good day at work. I got to do a couple pediatric surgeries with our peds surgeon who I totally love! He is such a smart man, and the kids we did today were so cute.


I also had a bit of free time at work, so I started on a shawl with the absolutely beautiful Fiesta Yarns rayon boucle in the "Quince" colorway. It is so beautiful, I can't wait to finish so I can wear it!

The SEXpedition yesterday was fantastic. I now have most of my yarns to make the Outer Banks Throw from Knitter's stash. This will sit on my chair in my reading nook when I move into my house (hopefully at Thanksgiving time!) Also bought two balls of that rayon boucle. Found a little ball of yarn to make a little something for my secret pal. I mailed out her first package yesterday and I really hope she likes it. I think it is fun to pick things out for her! I am hoping I am not too boring for my secret pal. But if I am, I'll give you a hint- I am grateful for anything.

While on that topic, I thought you might like to know a few random facts about me!

1) I have decided that I am so geeky that I am actually ultra cool. If you can't see it, then it's because you're not cool enough to!

2) I secretly would love to dress in indian saris. But am afraid of offending anyone.

3) Tommorrow I celebrate three years of being cancer free! I had thyroid cancer. But I am cured.

4)I live on the coast but I have a shark phobia so I don't go into the ocean.

5) My first son almost died when he was born.

6) I used to be in the Army.

7) I rarely drink alcohol. Like maybe once a year or two.

8) I love Martha Stewart and hate her at the same time.

9) I learned to read in kindergarden because I thought all the other kids already knew how so I tried really really hard.

10) I used to read all the time as a child, including by moonlight after bedtime. I used to get in trouble for reading in the dark.

11) Everyone in my family wears glasses. Except for me!

12) I idolized Laura Ingalls Wilder as a child. I still wish I could be her!

13) sometimes I like to get into a little mischief. But I usually get caught.

14) I got homesick on my honeymoon because I had never been away from my family for so long. We flew home from Europe several days early.

I think that's it for tonight, I want to get some knitting in before bed! We have a big case in the morning tommorrow and I want to be fresh for my patients! Good night!

2 Comments:

At 9:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Patti, SP here. Thank you for posting more about yourself it is so interesting to get to learn about you as you write. I hope you had a good weekend all to yourself.

 
At 5:41 PM, Blogger Shannon said...

I'm the same way with regards to Saris... the fabris is soooo beautiful, I would love to wear them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home