Wednesday, October 13, 2004

And I think to myself, what a wonderful world!

Well, I'm back from vacation! We had the GREATEST time! We drove to Ohio, and hubbie drove the whole way (I don't like driving in unfamilar places). So, I got to work on Marilyn. First two nights we spent in a camping cabin at the KOA in Buckeye Lake, Ohio. If you have never been to one of these, I highly recommend it! The cabin was spotlessly clean, the showers were great, clean and all the hot water you could want! Everyone was very friendly and helpful there. We rented little pedal cars and a recumbent bicycle one day and just rode around the campsite...it was such fun. The boys just LOVEd that! They had a playground the boys could play at, then one night I stayed with little baba to get him to be, and DH brought buddy to play pool and pinball. Each night we built a fire in the fire pit and roasted bratwurst & hot dogs, and of course we had smores. Cider was so cheap there, we bought a gallon of it ($1.99) and drank cider around the fire. Only bad thing, we forgot DH's violin, so he couldn't play for us. But we backed the car up by the fire and played "Farmer Boy" by Laura Ingalls Wilder (book on tape). It was just a wonderful, relaxing time. My older son taught us to play mancala, and of course he won about 99% of the time!!


We spent one day at the Longaberger homestead. I sell Longaberger baskets, just as a hobby, so it was so cool to go there and see them being made! We had such fun, we made a basket together, took a tour of the weaving facility, played on a playground... we ate at the homestead restaurant, that makes just good, downhome meals. It was great, although my DH actually made fun of me becase I chose pickled beets as one of my sides. But we never have them at home because he doesn't like them, so I was happy to eat them!

I think I will write about the farm visit tommorrow, just so this post isn't too long! I also have to tell you about my visit to Great Yarns in Raleigh, and my first real knitting class I took yesterday!!

Just a quick update on knitting progress though. I made a Paris Loop while driving to ohio, I finished the back of Marilyn and most of my first sleeve. I brought along my first sock, which still sits around, about 2 inches of the cuff knitted. I didn't touch it, somehow it is just intimidating me! And yesterday, at my class, I started a new shawl, it is called the making tracks shawl. But more about that in a future post!!

I wanted to share photos of my vacation, but I can't get them to post to my blog. I will try again later!

8 Comments:

At 2:32 PM, Blogger Joeli said...

Oh, I'm so glad you guys had a great time!! It sounds like a lot of fun.

It's good to have you back, can't wait to see pics of Marilyn too!

 
At 5:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful vacation. Seems like the getaway (just your family) was much needed. And you got so much knitting done!

SP3

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Coastal-Nick said...

Wow.....Great Blog! I'll be sure to book mark this.

I have a coastal vacation site. It pretty much covers coastal vacation related stuff.

Take a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

 
At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hallo! ;)
heh... what distracted newz!
what do U think about it?

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Drives for computers anderson bret michaels pamela Boston web site design company Awning sales home loan house refinance mortgage rates in londo2719 cheap hosting computer sleeves Contact lenses research andnot discount andnot order

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! Attack celebrex heart vioxx vioxx128 Adding power door locks to 2003 nissan frontier Dunlop motorcylce tires commercial mortgages refinancing men taking monster cocks in their asses dodge dealerships in florida Volvo 850 performance parts 12 volt dc 150 amp circuit breaker Belly diet fat lose volvo radio codes Ritalin perscriptions and consultations online Block pop ups01010101010101010101010101010101 volvo quick coupler Excel tax spreadsheet Body building contests in canada code brakers parental control

 
At 10:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site. I used information from that site its great. »

 
At 10:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read here

 

Post a Comment

<< Home