Friday, October 01, 2004

how my knitting day went...

OK, so I was so excited to start with the lamb's pride. I went out in the AM and got an Addi Turbo and got gauge (11 US). So, here's how it went....
Cast on 76 stitches. Only I do the long tail cast on and I didn't leave enough. Pull out my 70 stitches, try again. Knit the first 3 rows of the project (slowly, as I have to knit, read, knit, read). Realize that although I had hilighted the size I was using, I still used the wrong numbers. Rip it out. Crosss out all the other sizes on my copy of pattern. Recast on.Knit about 8 rows, using the right size. Realize I am not quite sure where I am (still trying to figure out stitch markers and row markers and such). Put knitting down to pick up son from school... Get home. Make something to eat for baby. Help Buddy with his video game. Decide it is time for me to knit. Pick up knitting, discover addis are so slick knitting has fallen off needle. Try to save it. Try to unknit row. Get confused at cable. Frog whole thing. Re cast on. twice. Set knitting down because I smell dinner burning (even though when I walked out of kitchen I loudly announced to sister and DH- OK you guys can finish dinner. The ribs need to come out in a couple of minutes).
Turn microwave on accidentally when I mean to set timer on microwave. Blow up sister's microwave. Come into bedroom, thinking "I had better vent before picking up that knitting again". Sit down at computer to type this. Look over at bed- baby is looking at bicycling magazine with DH! and sitting on my knitting.....

HOPEFULLY I will get something done tonight!!

3 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger hotknits said...

It will happen, just give it time. I think I had to tink, frog and reknit my Honeymoon cami at least eight times, and in all the darn thing took me three months to knit including all the "breaks" I took. I promise once it starts you will love it! Cool thing about this pattern is it starts to take shape and look interesting almost immediately, and before you know it the cable comes off as smoothly as the rest. I ended up taking out my stitch markers after 20 rows.

 
At 11:53 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »

 
At 9:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where did you find it? Interesting read Best digital camera to buy Sirrus radio and mercedes Completely removing symantec antivirus version 8 Hardcore sex black people http://www.adult-personal-web-cam.info/Squirting-gangbang.html steroid asthma Prada spring 2002 handbags Blondes getting fingerd Import protonix Average penis length by race

 

Post a Comment

<< Home