Friday, October 01, 2004

Lamb's pride Bulky, how I love thee!

Oh, I am swooning! I am so in love.... I received my yarn for Marilyn last night, and I am just so in love!! I bought Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride Bulky in Periwinkle...it is the most wonderful feeling yarn!! Now, I haven't got a lot of experience with different yarns....mostly what I can get at AC Moore, with the occasional splurge at the LYS (she carries great, but expensive yarns). Oh this Lamb's pride is just calling out to me...make me into your sweater...love me....wear me... Now I swatched last night, and what a pity but I need to go buy a different circular. What a shame, I think I will just *have to try* the Addi Turbos! Since I have heard so many good things about them!

Other knitting news...since I finished my first sniper cozy, and was waiting for the yarn goodness that will be Marilyn, I started to really work on my son's Christmas present- punk rock backpack from SnB. The monkey one. I have finished: the upper front, the gusset, and one strap. I am making this up in (ugh) 100% acrylic- for easy care. I don't like knitting with this stinky squeaky yarn! But I guess it will make a cute backpack! I have to knit this when Buddy isn't around, so he doesn't get any ideas. He has already caught onto the "It's for Aunt Laurie" since I've already done that !

I would show ya'll some pics of all this yarn happiness, but my photobucket all of a sudden won't open on my server. So until I figure it out- I'm pictureless!

Now one more thing to gush about. Less than a week and I will be going on vacation! To Ohio! Now if you are like everyone else, you will say "what is in Ohio?" Well, I am glad you asked! I am going to the big basket, the Longaberger factory. I am sort of a consultant for them (haven't done anything while living at my sis's). We will stay in a cabin for 3 nights, that is on a state park by a lake. We will hike and roast marshmallows and hubbie will play violin by the fire... Then 2 days on a WORKING FARM!! I am so excited about it!! I am making a dress (today, when baba is asleep) to wear. I am so excited to live out my Laura Ingalls fantasy!! And( tiny hope) maybe I can find a little yarn shop while on vaca....

We are excited about NOT seeing a TV the whole time. I will have my cell phone turned OFF. This is so exciting to me!! The only thing is, I am going to have my Brother in law tape the 2nd debate for me!!

Joeli, if you are reading this, I was wondering if anyone is sending you care packages while you are at school? You know, the essentials, like kool aid, tampons, the like, with a little goodness thrown in? If not, let me know....I think I could make a great mama care package for you!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

5 Comments:

At 2:15 PM, Blogger Joeli said...

I've emailed you about the care package, but let me just say here that you are the nicest person ever!!

Lamb's Pride is good stuff, I haven't used it, but I've oogled over it in the store, and it really is nice. I can't wait to see the progress, Marilyn is such a great pattern.

Rergarding photobucket, it's been acting up a lot lately for me too, and for a lot of other people later. Hopefully it will be working soon.

Hope you have fun on your vacation, it sounds wonderful!

 
At 3:14 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey! I love your blog. I was at A.C. Moore last week and sheesh, that yarn is expensive. And it's like...well, a lot of it...petroleum products. Ew. My favorite Lamb's Pride secret is that I buy it on eBay in cones. It's cheaper than the A.C. Moore stuff that way and I agree, it is lovely stuff. It just reminds you of why you knit. My latest cool Lamb's Pride thing is that BWAK cabled hot water bottle cozy. It worked up in a couple of hours and everybody who saw it wanted one. Good luck! - Irene

 
At 7:14 AM, Blogger blogme said...

What are you looking for today?

 
At 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it
Medical malpractice lawyer and queens Car accident lawyers fort myers Job loyalty program middle east job home security intel cpu Florida medical malpractice treatise http://bis0ysr02.blogspot.com/ humidifier problems troubleshooting Diagnosing dryer problems medical malpractice attorney bridgeport Procedures for filling hot tub Adamand eve sex toy catalog

 
At 1:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home