Thursday, October 14, 2004

vacation part 2

After we left the cabin at KOA, we drove to Blue Rock Ohio, to stay at the McNutt Farm 2. The farm is a "bed and breakfast" where you can learn about farming. It is a dairy farm, totally organic, the cows are grass fed and have room to roam in huge pastures. When we pulled in, the owner's wife met us with a jug of milk, a pound of bacon and a carton of eggs and showed us to our cabin. The cabin is across the street from the main farm buildings and the Mcnutt's house. The cabin is an old log cabin that was more recently added on to, so we had a kitchen, a family room with a wood burning fireplace... all nice. BUT the bathroom- it had something called an "envirolet" toilet. You cannot put any TP in there. Plus, the bath seemed sirty and there were HUGE spiders in it! Needless to say, we waited until the hotel on the way home to take our showers!
So at the farm, we got to milk cows, feed the calves, and round up cattle at night. We went hiking on the property, and spent a lot of time playing mancala and jenga. Luc loved that of course!

We had a very relaxing visit. We left Sunday morning and drove to Durham. There, we were thrilled to 1) take long hot showers and 2) get a pizza for dinner! We just relaxed at the hotel and watched (guilty pleasure) American Choppers. My boys love that show & I think it is really entertaining!! Anyway, we had a continental breakfast at the hotel next morning, then went to the Museum of Natural History in Raleigh. We really had a great time, and the baby loved all of it. He even touched a snake ( a live one) actually, he tried to squeeze it. After that, we went to GREAT YARNS in Raleigh. It was great! The store was a bit crowded, but was just wonderful. I really wanted to buy some Rowan, since everyone speaks of it so highly....I picked up, then put back, rowan calmer, big wool, biggie print. I finally decided on Jaeger luxury tweed, and their new pattern book to make Elsie cardigan- it is so cute. Of course I probably wont get it done until it's too hot to wear it!

On the knitting front- I am about 1/3 of the way done with my fiesta ribbon shawl that I am making in my knitting class. Today I frogged Marilyn's sleeve. It all looked OK, but when I held it up to my arm- when it was done, I think it would have reached PAST my fingertips. So I need to try to work that again.

Oh- I also got some Berroco Lullaby to make a sweater for Baba. Now if I coould just get my pics to post here, I could show you! No luck with photobucket again today...

Maybe I will just try to figure out how to put picture albums on my sidebar. That would be great!

Going out tonight to Cafe de France with my DH, then to B&N. I am so excited, the restaurant has the BEST french onion soup, and the crepes are to die for (OK, my hubbie's are better, but they are close). And I was thinking about checking out spin off magazine- for smoe reason I decided I need to make a drop spindle and learn how to spin. Perhaps in preparation for having my BUN when I get my new house. On that front- it is all framed and the plywood is up. PROGRESS!!

Have a great night!!

11 Comments:

At 8:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the compliment & commenting on my blog. I really love Klaralund & I know you will too. Everyone seems very happy with how there's turned out. I did shorten the sleeves 1 inch. Enjoy knitting her up!! :-)

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome to the RAOK ring! You'll love the people you meet here...everyone is so encouraging!! I look forward to reading your blog!!

Stacey
www.sheepinthecity.prettyposies.com

 
At 3:00 AM, Blogger Coastal-Nick said...

Wow.....Great Blog! I'll be sure to book mark this.

I have a coastal vacation site. It pretty much covers coastal vacation related stuff.

Take a look if you have a minute. Thanks and have a good one!

 
At 11:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Will be back. Great site with some great info. Glad your here.

I have an ebay auctions misspelled auction search site. It pretty much is a search engine that allows you to search eBay for misspelled auctions and allows you to find some great bargains. Come and check it out if you have a chance.

eBay misspelled auctions

 
At 9:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey p ti, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a coastal vacations site. It pretty much covers coastal vacations related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 7:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey p ti, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a coastal vacations site. It pretty much covers coastal vacations related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 5:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey p ti, you have a great blog here! I'm definitely going to bookmark you!
I have a coastal vacation site. It pretty much covers coastal vacation related stuff.
Come and check it out if you get time :-)

 
At 1:31 PM, Anonymous wood stove said...

This winter I purchased a wood stove instead of a fire place .I wanted to save on the heating cost this year.Marble Fireplace I even created my own Marble Fireplace site related to everything about fire places and wood stoves.So save on the higher heating cost and burn some wood.Have a great day bye.

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger blogme said...

What are you looking for today?

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! »

 
At 9:57 AM, Anonymous first time animal sex stories said...

Excellent. She twisted in his hands, wiggling her shoulders, arching back like a big cat, tossing back her long blond hair.
interracial true stories
free illustrated erotic stories
erotic gay male sex stories
interracial pregnant sex stories
bdsm scat mistress stories
Excellent. She twisted in his hands, wiggling her shoulders, arching back like a big cat, tossing back her long blond hair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home