Wednesday, November 10, 2004

bad blogger Patti, bad blogger!

Gosh, it's been so long!! Sorry! Lots to talk about....
1) I am so sick of hearing everyone whine about the election. W won. Get over it. I read on someone's blog about them questioning "Moral Values." Yes, morals. As in, don't cheat on your spouse. As in don't murder unborn children. As in, follow God's rules. I don't support abortion, I don't support gay marriage. Now, on someone else's blog, they said that opposition to gay marriage was based on hate. No, it is not. I don't hate. As a matter of fact, I have gay friends that I love. But that doesn't mean that I have to approve of what they are doing, which I see as wrong. Look at it this way. I love my son, but if I caught him stealing, I wouldn't approve of it. Doesn't mean I hate him!

2) My house has siding!! Unofficially, we might be closing on about Dec 12. I cannot wait!! We went to order the first chair for our reading nook today.

the fabric:

the chair:

me, the fabric, and the chair

3) Did I tell you Buddy isn't in school anymore? Too many problems adjusting. So we are back to homeschooling. I got the Saxon Math program today (off Ebay, of course). We will be concentrating on that and writing.
So, since he's home, we have more time to spend together. I took the boys to Kure beach yesterday. We had a great time.




4) It is so cold that I have GOT to work on Marilyn again! I am so TIRED of the Yoga Mat Bag! It should be done in a couple more days. Then I will be working on quicker CHRISTmas projects.

I did a couple of sewing projects which I forgot to take pics of. I am going to go soak in the tub right now, but maybe after that I will take pics to post. In the meantime, I leave you with this great pic of my boys and me!


4 Comments:

At 2:23 AM, Blogger Brynne said...

Such a cute picture of you and the boys!

I'm glad to see that someone else is sick of all the election redux, too. And I'm glad that you had the guts to say so on your blog. :)

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger phoenix_anew said...

So true, Patti!
You can love people without agreeing with their lifestyle and choices. Have a great day!

 
At 6:23 PM, Blogger Meriah said...

Hi Patti,
I am glad you decided to post how you felt. I don't agree with you but I am glad that your opinion is out there and that people can see and try to understand how other people get to where they are. I find is so refreshing that all of us that are Christians can feel that our openions are valuble and interesting. I hope you don't get any nastygrams.
PS are you from the south or do you just live here now?

 
At 9:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patti, I'm with you...will be with you for eternity...and that's what matters. We're with the president of all presidents, the king of all kings! Have a great weekend!

Lynne

 

Post a Comment

<< Home