Monday, November 15, 2004

Bella Filati !

Oh, how wonderful Bella Filati is! This is such a wonderful, beautiful store! It is in Southern Pines, NC which is a wonderful town about an hour from my parent's home. On Friday, my Daddy took the day off from work, and I went there with both my parents and the two boys. We had a great time walking around the town center which is all around the old train station. The baby got a baby doll at the toy store, and buddy got 4 magic tricks. We bought a book for my dad about the 18th Airborne Corp in Desert Storm, and we bought my Mama a pottery bowl that was made by a family near there. We had lunch in a little diner which was very good. But the highlight of the trip:

a little SEX!

and here are a couple more things I picked up:



Let's see... first, I had to buy yarn for a pair of socks for buddy. He chose orange yarn. I got a couple skeins of Rowan Biggie Print to make myself a scarf. I got some tape type yarn from artful yarns. I don't know what for, it was just so pretty I had to get it. I got some Berocco Suede and Plush to make baba a pair of those baby ugg booties that are so cute! I will just have to adjust the pattern to make them bigger....

I also got a card that helps convert a person's shoe size into the size you need to make their socks, some point protectors for my little DPNs, one of those clicker row counters....
I also found SnB nation at the local bookstore there!! I had to snatch it up, even though I had ordered one at my local B & N. They know me so well there, they will understand I had to get it as soon as I saw it in person!!

So, the trip to Bella Filati? My best SEX ever. I could have bought SO much more... but I do need to put some furniture in my house, and food on my table too!!

Hope everyone is having a beautiful Monday! I have no errands to run tonight, so I am going to chill with DH and watch a movie and knit!!


2 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger Brynne said...

Oh, that yarn is just so beautiful! Isn't it fun when you get some time to go yarn shopping? Have fun knitting up those Ugg booties -- I saw them on Knitty Gritty.

 
At 7:31 PM, Blogger allison said...

Hi Patti,
I was searching our website online and came across your blog. I'm so glad you enjoyed your visit to Bella Filati. I remember when you came in last week, and how enthusiastic you were. Well, you'll be glad to know we're in the midst of updating our website so that you can "visit" our store online when you can't make it to Southern Pines. So, be sure to check www.bellafilati.com . . . but don't be looking for the new site until sometime mid January. We will be looking forward to your next visit!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home