Thursday, November 04, 2004

Knitting night!

Last night I went to my first knitting night, and my only regret is that I didn't bring the camera!!
The group meets here at an ART GALLERY, how cool is that? When I got there, the girl who "runs" the group was at the airport picking up an artist who came from Utah to paint here & do a show. So I got to look at all these beautiful "ein pleine aire" paintings. They were just SO beautiful. The place even smelled like oil paints (in a good way). SO, they have this nice lobby area with comfy chairs and a couch. There was: Nancy, the woman who organized the group and works at the gallery. Stephanie, who has a radio show on the local news station & is quite the world traveler (next month she is going to Macchu Picchu (as in Peru))! Kay, who was quiter, and I am not sure what she does for a living, but she knits and she quilts. "Sis" who is a college student and adorable. She was working on a hat. She brought her mom along too, and Nancy set her up with needles and yarn and she did quite well- she purled without even knowing it!

What a great time it was! I brought along some veggie and dip, and some two bite lemon tarts, and we all just sat and knit! I worked on my sister-in-law's yoga mat bag, since I wanted to bring something that I didn't need to concentrate on. Wendy was knitting socks, and said she would help me out with my first pair!!

We were talking about bunnies, and the girls asked if I wanted to start spinning when I got my bunny. I said I wanted to learn with a drop spindle, and Stephanie said she had one and would give it to me! I offered to trade something with her but she said I didn't need to do that!

I have just been working away on that bag for SIL. I have a hat on DPNs for my BIL. I decided that I HAVE to finish these two projects before I can start anything new. How disciplined of me!

Of course, that doesn't include non-knitting projects. So, tommorrow I am going to make felt balls for my nephews out of some great roving I purchased through Ebay. Will show pics tommorrow!!

Have a beautiful day! It is so nice here today. Kind of windy, which I LOVE. The wind makes me think of Jesus walking on water to the disciples' fishing boat. It makes me feel calm.

5 Comments:

At 6:32 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Try http://www.socknitters.com/2circs/index.htm to learn how to knit 2 socks on 2 circs. It's a great tutorial, and I really am enjoying the technique. Good luck!

 
At 6:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh heh heh.....we've lured you over to the dark side, have we? *g* This is how it begins........*vbg*

Drop spindling is nice, and a good way to start. Don't get upset if your first attempts are more novelty than yarn - it happens. (Some lucky people pick up a spindle and start in with lace-weight immediately!) It's very soothing!

Good luck, and enjoy!

Verna
www.fiber-addict.net/journal.html

 
At 12:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YEAH! There is a package coming your way. I hope you like it. SP3

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger ShawnCuthill.com said...

Three cheers for compassionate conservatives! Wish we had George Bush running our country instead of the left-wingnuts up here. Pray for us :)

Shawn

 
At 6:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OOOhh! Good thinking to learn to spin now! You will SO enjoy spinning your own bunny fur - Fantastic idea!

I don't know that breeder personally (all of my guys are from 2 breeders here in the northeast), but I'm pretty sure the name is familiar from the German bunny group I belong to. If you want to sub, the link is: germanangora-subscribe@yahoogroups.com. Just send an email - it's a good list. LOTS of experience and knowledge on it. I learn a lot just by reading.

Anne
http://beavercreekfarm.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home