Friday, November 19, 2004

Knitting night!

Wednesday night we had our knitting night. It was so much fun!

This is our little (but growing ) group! It is great, we have women from age 12-60's (ish?) The 12 year old was new, as well as a woman who has 7 children and homeschools them! I couldn't believe it- schooling 1 is hard enough for me! She makes a living dying wool and knitting cloth diaper covers and baby clothing!
The woman who organized our group, Nancy, is just wonderful. She didn't get one stitch done because she was helping the rest of us! So, besides knitting talk, we also had a great discussion about children's learning styles, reading, and dyslexia. Both of my sisters are dyslexic. I don't think buddy is though. I do sometimes wonder if he had trouble with auditory processing, though.

Anyways, at knit night, Nancy helped me out with my first real pair of socks, using the yarn that my dear SP3 sent me! It is so pretty, everyone commented on it. I will show pics in a few days.

I am still feeling under the weather, so I am cutting it short for now. I will tell you next time about my visit to Fayetteville & seeing my cousin before he deploys!

Have a great weekend everyone!!

3 Comments:

At 3:47 PM, Blogger phoenix_anew said...

Just wanted to say "hi" and let you know you are in my thoughts today!

 
At 4:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fun time! Its great to get together with other knitters...although I usually dont get much knitting done.

Yes, its SP here. I wanted to let you know that your last package will be shipping right after Thanksgiving.

Hope all is well and I wont hold it against you that you voted for W. :-) We both love knitting and THATS all that matters.

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

knitting night looks like fun! I stumbled upon this and just thought I would say so. Im always trying to knit something around my 6 mo old in her sling...
happy knitting to you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home