Friday, December 17, 2004

the countdown continues....

Yes, the countdown to Christmas..... but also to the house!!!
I close on Wednesday!!! It has been a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG 6 months waiting! But things are coming along.... we are getting things packed here at my sis's house. There are a few things that need to be finished at the house, but it will be ready for us Wednesday. I cannot wait!! Then, we will be celebrating Christmas, the birth of our savior, at our new home!!!


The countdown to Chrsitmas also just keeps creeping up, doesn't it? I have finished all the scarves but 1. I am almost done with it, then I just want to make a flower for it, it is for a friend who is very styling and I thought she would like a knitted flower on hers!! I am going to try to make it like the butterfly scarves in the new SnB nation.

I finished all the knitting for buddy's sweater, I just need to do the seaming. Then MAYBE I will get the chance to finish the punk rock backpack. If not, it isn't a big deal...I can give it to him after Christmas.

Well, I made a big decision..... I am going to frog my Klaralund! I am just not happy with it. I am going to reknit the yarn into..... another Klaralund! This time, I am going to make a smaller size, but make the body pieces longer. Hopefully this will make if fit better. Mine was too loose, and the V in the front made me look bustier than I am, which is still very busty, and NOT something I want to emphasize!! So, I am going to take it on after Christmas.

Also after Christmas- I really want some fingerless gloves! I was looking at the pattern in last minute knitted gifts, and really admiring that pattern. I believe I will take that on after Christmas too! As well as finishing my Marilyn, and starting my Jaeger cardigan..... So much to knit, so little time!!

Well, I am hoping that this weekend will go by without any traumas. Work has been SO depressing lately!!!

Have a great weekend!!!

2 Comments:

At 12:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats on the new house, how exciting!
I think you are doing the right thing frogging Klaralund. If you're not happy with it, you won't be wearing it, so might as well make it into something you'll be happy with. I'm sure you'll love the better fitting one.
Brenda
http://brenda.typepad.com/

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Brynne said...

I love all those scarves! When you see so many finished presents together it just makes you feel good to know something you made with your own hands will be with someone you love. Enough sappiness out of me...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home