Friday, December 10, 2004

secret pal gifts and sick families

I want to start with the good- I got my final secret pal gift from my secret pal, Sarah. She sent a great Christmas decoration to go in the new house, and knowing what a chocoholic I am, sent the cutest little cocoa mug with gourmet hot chocolate and even a little whisk and fancy marshmallows! And the package smelled so wonderful.... because she sent me a WONDERFUL bar of handmade soap. It has lavender and rose petals in it and it smells heavenly!! I would like to use it right now, but I am waiting so that I can use it for the very first bath in my new home.




SO, my little baba has a horrible virus. If he isn't better by Monday I am taking him to see the MD. He has had a fever, sore throat, runny nose, and a cough that started out dry but is now sounding productive. He is mostly just miserable and wants me. I never really knew that I could accomplish so many tasks with a baby in my lap! I have been alternating ibuprofen and acetaminophen as well as a cough suppressant during sleep hours. He has been a little trooper through it all.

I am feeling so stressed with all that is going on. Closing on the house and moving two days before Christmas, Christmas, behavior problems with my son, baby sick, and personalities to deal with at work. No time with my hubbie to just hang around and feel like a married couple. And the last couple nights, I had to teach my daddy how to inject himself with insulin. I hate to see his health deteriorating.

I am reading Homesick by Sela Ward, it is a book of her memoirs about growing up in the South and being Southern, longing for those simpler times of our youth. Oh, if I could just go back to being a child for a day, to feel that carefree feeling, no worries in the world.....

have a great weekend.


2 Comments:

At 4:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Patti, I hope your little baba gets better soon. It's so awful when they're sick. I'm just now getting to know this myself! I hope everything settles down so you can enjoy your move and new house and family at Christmastime.

Katie
http://kjknits.typepad.com
kkjohnsATbellsouthDOTnet

 
At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good luck with everything! I do feel for you. Everything will be OK...you'll see. I think the anticipation of it all is worse than the actual process. :-)

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home