Saturday, January 22, 2005

A 4-* day!

Yesterday was just such a wonderful day!! Baba was in a great mood and we just played together and had a good time. I tried to do chores while he was up, so that I could knit while he was sleeping. That worked out!! I finally got throught my problems with the FBS, I have finished the first repeat of the lower flower basket. Here is what it looks like: never mind- I screwed up my pic in photobucket and now it is the size of a pencil eraser!! I'll have to take a pic after the next repeat.Can you see those little pink strings? (no, obviously you can't. Just imagine) Ha- I am getting smart! I put in a lifeline after the upper flower basket, and one after the first lower flower basket. I will continue this way until I am done!! Because, knowing me, I will continue to make mistakes, and then confuse myself when I try to fix them.

Next, I am coming along on the outer banks throw. A shot of my progress, and a closer shot so you can see the colors.



I have also been working on something for the re-kal. This used to be the "central park poncho" (remember, DH accidentally felted it).


This is the pattern that I am going to embroider onto it:



I also got a great sweater from goodwill to frog for the yarn. It is wool, angora, and I think a bit of nylon. I took a pic of it but DH deleted that. So, maybe next post?

About the RAOK ring: I recently found out that my info got deleted from the database. I re-entered it and am finding that I have lots more people visiting my blog! Thank you for your kind comments, and all the lace-knitting tips. Also, yesterday, when I went to pick up my son from the bus stop, I found this wedged between my door!



This came to me from Nyxxie, a very generous RAOKer! I want to make a sweater for the baby from it. The sweater is in Debbie Bliss' Junior Knits. I tried to find a pic online, but they don't even have a pic of it on the DB site.

OK, here is a question for anyone who reads this and feels like helping a computer-illiterate! I tried to save buttons for some KALs, and from blogs I read. I saved them into my Kodak, them tried to import them into photobucket so I could generate HTML and put them in my sidebar. But, photobucket says they are in the wrong format. Any ideas for what I should do? Also, could someone tell me how to put pics next to each other in a post, or make my text wrap around? Thank you!!!

Thanks for visiting. Have a great weekend everyone!

2 Comments:

At 12:40 AM, Blogger Joni said...

The bag for the re-kal is going to look amazing with the embroidery you have planned. Can't wait to see it when it's done. :)

 
At 4:32 AM, Blogger Joeli said...

I'm so glad you got to spend fun time with Baba, I know how important that is for not just him but for you too.

I also agree that the bag is going to come out stunning when you're done.

Oh, and I just wanted to let you know that I haven't forgotten about our sidebar project. Now that I'm back and settled and classes haven't started yet, I should have time to tweak around.

To put pictures next to each other in a post, they have to be small enough. But I find the easiest way to do it is to write the blogpost in "compose" mode (it's one of the tabs). This way you can see how the pictures will appear (I believe you can also resize them) and can play around until they are side by each. Not the most technical way, but it works for me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home