Monday, January 31, 2005

I can breathe!

Yes, I am feeling much much better! Thanks to those who sent well wishes my way.

So, while I was feeling under the weather, I did get a few things done. One day last week, I just laid in bed and made some stuff for RAOK. I also finished my afghan! It is the Outer Banks throw, from Knitter's stash. I knit it with colinette mohair, zanziba, skye, and isis. I ran out of the zanziba before I was finished and I subbed some Lion Brand homespun and it blends right in- I think it subbed well.

I don't have pics, but I made a pair of wristwarmers for myself.

I finished my Re-KAL purse. This was made with the accidentally felted poncho. I lined it and embroidered wheat sheaves on the flap.

I worked some on my Marilyn for the Marilyn knitalong. I had put this away for a while when I had to frog an entire sleeve. But I am happy with her again.

I made some SLOW progress on the flower basket shawl. As of this AM, I have finished my second repeat on the lower flower basket. I started on the third but had to frog what I did. UGH!

And, last but not least, I finished shearing George last week and made him his own little bunny sweatshirt. He is doing just wonderfully. He is such a sweet rabbit, and he is eating and drinking well. Hopefully the cold snap we have been in will end soon, so he can enjoy some sunshine!

I am bringing him in tonight to brush him, so maybe I will have a couple more pics of him. He really is just so cute!!

In other blog news, Wendy had a great post about the Wannassee conference several days ago. It really made me think a lot. Also, margene posted about why do we knit- for process or progress? Made me feel a lot better about my SLOW progress I am making on my FBS. I enjoy it, even though it is hard....

Also, I got my first spindle! Now, I just need to learn how to use the durn thing....

I got a prettu good start on a hat for my friend Mike.


This is the first sweater I ever made, 10 years ago. It fits little Baba perfectly right now. Part of the reason I feel better is because he was so sweet and slept until 10 this morning! I kept sleeping too, and it really did me some good.

7 Comments:

At 8:06 PM, Blogger margene said...

You will find it easier and easier to 'read' your lace and it will become faster. Your next lace project will be much easier, too! Looks very nice and you have been knitting...that's the important thing. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog.

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger chelsea said...

Patti,
I am not sure if anyone responded to your imaging question... I looked and didn't see any, so forgive me if you have heard this all before... Try www.irfanview.com The Irfan View tool is free, easy to use, and will do all kinds of simple image modifications (resize, slideshow, and image conversions) you can change .gifs to .jpegs and etc. Most buttons are .gif files (or .bmp) and your photobucket probably wants jpgs or jpegs. Irfan will let you save one as the other.

If you have trouble with the software, let me know. I have a little "how to guide" that will get it up and running (it isn't available on the website yet).

Georgie looks so soft and cuddly, congrats on finding a good fit (and on feeling better!)

 
At 11:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have been busy,even tho sick.baba's sweater looks so sweet ;0)

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger amanda said...

your shawl is coming along nicely and i really really like the color!

 
At 3:33 AM, Blogger Joeli said...

I'm so glad you are feelig better! Everything looks wonderful by the way!

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Joeli said...

Oh, and I forgot to mention, you've been tagged! See my Feb 2nd post for more details. Enjoy!

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger Ashik0 said...

Oooh, you'r FBS looks just like mine! And don't worry about having to start it again, I had to start mine at least five times over!
Good job, looks great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home