Wednesday, January 05, 2005

I love life!

Things are so beautiful. These guys visit me for breakfast and dinner:

There are 4 male and one female, mallards. They get closer to me every day. There are also some hooded mergansers in the pond, but they don't come over to eat yet. They seem a lot more timid than the mallards. There are also about 10-15 white herons here in the morning, as well as a large gray one. The canada geese come later in the morning, but they leave before the ducks dinnertime. I found out today, that last year they pulled 2 four foot gators out of the other pond here. Makes me real glad we are putting up a fence!!

I also saw a sweet little bluebird hanging out in my yard.

Once we get the fence put up, I am going to put up a bluebird box. They are my favorite bird- each time I see one it is like a blessing from the Lord!

Here is what I am working on now:

It is the airy lace scarf in Last Minute Knitted Gifts. I am making it for my sister because she is most likely going to have her thyroid removed. I am worried about it because mine ended up being cancerous. But anyways, I am going to knit her some little scarves to cover up her incision when she goes to work. There is a little triangle scarf in that book that I think I will make for her too.

I also (gulp) joined the Flower Basket Shawl redux. I must be crazy, but it is so pretty and I have the yarn already and I am tired of solid knitting- I want to do lace! So, this will probably be a bit of a challenge for me...

Here is the sign we hung by our front door....

We have knitting night tonight, I am so excited. It is so nice to just sit and knit with other women!! Will tell you about it next time!

3 Comments:

At 1:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Patti,

I love your pics...especially the one with the bluebird on your beach chair. You should enter that photo.

I'll prey for your sister. How sweet of you to knit her the scarves. :-)

Eilene
http://eiknit.typepad.com

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger Lynne said...

Hi Patti! Funny, I was just looking at that scarf a few days ago! I have a wonderful skein of pink mohair with a metallic thread worked through here and there and thought I might use it for the very same scarf! Have a wonderful weekend!

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger phoenix_anew said...

Great pictures! God gives us reminders everywhere, huh? I wish I had a knitting group around here. It would be so nice to fellowship with other women who enjoy the same things.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home