Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Something new

A new bunny! Actually, she is 3 years old. Her name is cinnamon, but I call her cinnamon bun! She is a mini rex, and she is Buddy's rabbit. We just got her a few days ago, and she is getting used to us, and us to her. She is a really sweet bunny. She likes to be petted, especially around her ears. She grunts when you feed her (I think it is her way of saying thanks!)

Here she is having her breakfast:


What else is new? Not much. I have been thinking about getting my hair cut. But as soon as you start thinking that, your hair starts behaving, doesn't it? THat's what mine always does. So here is what I woke up to this morning:



I probably couldn't have made it look better. Also, notice the little flush to my cheeks? That is what happens after working 12 hr shifts. The masks I use in the OR sort of glue to your cheeks and bridge of your nose. By the end of a shift, my skin gets a little irritated. But the next day, I look like I have a very natural blush going!

I can't bore you with my knitting today. I am STUCK on my FBS, I have to keep frogging and re-knitting. I think I am missing something around the 18th row and my stitch count gets a bit screwed up. I started unknitting row by row last night to try to find my problem. Wish me luck because I am getting tired of knitting the same thing over and over again without any progress!!

7 Comments:

At 11:34 AM, Blogger um said...

aww, what a cute bunny! she sounds really sweet, too. i've only had experience with one mean bunny, daphne, who always attacked my feet, so i'm happy to hear they aren't all like that. what a cutie she is! i love her name.

good luck with fbs - at least you're attempting it. i haven't the nerve to even try yet. i'm sure you'll get past that 18th row - good luck!!! :)

 
At 12:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One bun down.... one to go! Can't wait to see pics of your angora, but Cinnamon is a cutie too! :)

Anne
http://beavercreekfarm.typepad.com

 
At 12:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had a terrible time with the FBS until I figured out a way to mark my spot as I travelled across the row. Use a contrast piece of yarn and tuck it around the needle after each repeat. At the end of the repeat, count and double check, then move it again. I was ripping out more than I knit until I figured this one out but now I've got it off the needles and blocking.

Julie
http://stoneview.typepad.com/

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Lori said...

cinnamon bun is too cute!!!! i love it when i wake up and my hair just works... not enough of those days.

 
At 1:30 AM, Blogger chelsea said...

Patti, I finally have a moment to thank you for the wonderful package! I love everything (I am especially digging knitting socks on my new tiny 1s since the yarn you sent is so gorgeous!!)

The hands are beautiful and go perfectly in my living room with some other balinese sculptures... The surfing rhinos make me smile, and so do the handmade stitch markers! All of it was so great, and made me feel fantastic! Thanks again for being such a great pal.

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger zibibbo said...

A BUNNY!!! Cute! Don't give up with the FBS, my first time around on the 2nd chart drove me nuts! Tink then mark. I made a little tick on the trouble spots (I uh tended to make the same freakin' mistake every repeat and had to tink back on that particular row 3 time..not fun!)..you can do it!

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Rachel said...

Patti, the new bunny is adorable. She looks like she'll be a welcome addition to the family. How are things going after your first month in the new house?
About the FBS, I think someone already suggested this, but have you tried putting stitch markers after each pattern repeat to make it a little bit easier to spot mistakes? Whatever you do try, I hope it gets easier!

P.S. You asked in a comment on my blog why there is no hockey this season. As you guessed, they are on strike.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home