Monday, February 07, 2005

done!

I have completed step 1 for the February Fix, Alison's move to get us all loving our knits again! I was not real happy with the fit of my Klaralund, I am going to re-knit her in a smaller size, and probably make the body a little longer. Between the yarn loss I had when I first knit her up (one really bad skein) and some breakage while reclaiming the yarn, I figure I might buy 2 more balls and use it to knit the back panel. That way, with the back part of the sleeves knit vertically, the color difference shouldn't show too much!


I have set aside my WIPs to knit a loving thoughts shawl. You have heard of prayer shawls, right? Well, someone did something horribly hurtful to me recently. I was feeling really bad and I decided that I would knit this shawl and while working on it, I thought of all the people who love me. I am almost done with it and will post pics once finished. Anyways, it was incredibly helpful to think of all my loved ones and know that they love me. And when I am finished I can wrap myself in their love when I feel down!

Speaking of people who love me, I was REALLY sick this weekend (I think I have the flu) and my wonderful husband took care of George all weekend for me. He is so great!

10 Comments:

At 2:01 PM, Blogger Joeli said...

Patti, you are by far one of the sweetest people I know. I'm sorry someone hurt you, but it's good that you can be so constructive about it.

I hope you feel better soon!

 
At 3:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

isn't knitting great when you can kind of knit the hurt away? I found it was like that for me thru bad times.never listen to negative,stay away from negative vibes and you will be ok.hope you feel better
~earth mother~
Cara

 
At 5:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good for you! I'm sorry you were hurt, but when you are able to respond by doing something so nurturing for yourself you will really be alright. What a nice gift to yourself. It's a responsible woman who takes good care of herself emotionally like you are. Be well, and I hope your flu or whatever it is leaves you quickly. :)

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger JusPasenThru said...

Thanks for your kind comments. I hope you get to feeling better!

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Phoebe Gleeson said...

What a great idea. I'm gonna make one too. I blogged about it, here: Loving Thoughts Shawl.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Renata said...

the idea of a loving thoughts shawl is an inspiration! I will adopt it...my teacher, kasumi, always says if your heart is beautiful, the knits will be beautiful, kind of goes well with the loving thoughts thing.

I will endeavor to let the universe speak instead of being silent

Please visit my blog and take a peek at the gallery, http://www.tabulas.com/~grankageva/

hope you're feeling better now, hubs and i are both down with bad colds and the house is gathering dust...:P

 
At 11:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awww, Patti...I feel your pain. Prayers your way for better health and a better project!

Lynne

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger alison said...

Rock on with the fixing! Great job ripping. I gotta get my Klaralund all ripped out too.

What a wonderful idea for a shawl. I hope it brings you years of happiness.

 
At 7:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lolita chin
lolitas 13
lolitas kid
free anal sex
lolita picture
lolita suck
lolita cp terra loltobbs ftp lol
lolita vip lolitas virgins bbs
lolita lolly fuck movie children
lolita chin
lolitas 13
lolitas kid
free anal sex
lolita picture
lolita suck
lolita cp terra loltobbs ftp lol
lolita vip lolitas virgins bbs
lolita lolly fuck movie children

 
At 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

chip air line tickets

 

Post a Comment

<< Home