Thursday, March 10, 2005

Springtime visit

My mother in law is coming in today from Buffalo to visit for a few days. This is the only woman who had enough patience to help me learn how to knit. She helped me with the sweater that I have posted, the light blue and white one Baba was wearing. There was no way I could have made that without her!

I did do a little knitting last night. I am almost done with Baba's Easter vest- I just need to pick up the stitches and rib one armhole, then block it. I think it will look very nice on him.

I started on the chart for Elsie, and it is going slow, until I get into the groove. I am enjoying working with the Jaeger luxury tweed. It is a little scratchy, so I am glad I am making a cardi with it.

I had tried to order the yarn for a tank from Viking Knits from Jimmy Beans, but I found out they ran out of it. So I will be buying the yarn tommorrow when we take Mama to Southport. There is a great shop there, Angel Wing Needle Arts.

Thank you to all who posted about George. I am still really upset about his loss. I will definitely get another German. He was not successful breeding before he left, but my breeder does have some of him relatives. God, I just miss him so much. We did destroy the hutch he was in (wood) and the next buns will live in wire crates and inside of my garage. I would rather have rabbits in there and park in the driveway, anyways!!

Hubbie has the next few days off while his mama visits, so I am enjoying spending time with him. I can't wait until I can stop working every Sunday and take back the sabbath!

4 Comments:

At 5:26 PM, Blogger chelsea said...

I am so sorry to hear about George... Through reading your posts, its clear he brought a lot of happiness to you and your family. I have no doubt that he knew he was loved.

 
At 6:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work » »

 
At 7:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Enjoyed a lot! film editing schools

 
At 3:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home